Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Good Bye Osama Bin Laden

I'll never forget what I was doing the moment I first heard about Princess Diana's car crash, or the first plane being flown into the World Trade Center, or the devastating earthquake in Tokyo. Recently, another history-making moment will be forever etched into my memory - the day I was at work and my co-worker and friend, Johanna, came running up to me practically yelling the news that the US Navy Seals had finally found and killed Osama Bin Laden. No other name brings to mind as much hate and evil as his did over the past ten years of my life as a teenager and young adult. Although this doesn't end any wars or stop every terrorist out there, I am forever proud of and grateful for the United States Military and how they give their all to protect our country's freedoms. No one forces our military to join. These men (and women) join out of honor to their country. In fact, the terrorist acts on 9/11 are the main reason Matt decided to become a US Marine, and it's dedication like that that still makes the United States Military the greatest fighting force in the world. Proud to be an American? You bet I am.




-C

1 comment:

  1. As I read your Blog all I was thinking was how 9/11 changed our families lives! Matt was a sophomore, mentored by Doug Sheidt-one time college roommate to Todd Beamer, the man who said "let's roll" on flight 93. Many in Wheaton Academies Strength team went on to become marines. God bless you all! I thank all for their service. Ooh Rah!

    ReplyDelete